Packaging is about more than looking good. It delivers your product in pristine condition, keeps your costs down, and helps you meet your commitments to the environment. And it matters to your entire supply chain, from warehouse to carrier to shelf, doorstep or field team.
Great packaging fulfils everything that’s asked of it. It’s a complex piece of engineering. Anything is possible – the technology is already here. Even more reason not to sign-off on anything that’s less than your brand deserves.
Our technology gives us clear visibility across the supply chain and we’ve got close relationships with carriers too. So, we’re well-placed to influence positive outcomesp – seeing opportunities and re-empting packaging issues before they arise.
How can we help you?
Gift packingCreate beautiful, unique packaging that looks good on the shelf, on your website, and in the hands of your customers. For the extra bit of sparkle, we can personalise it too.
Design from scratchGetting to grips with the requirements of your packaging from the start produces a much better result. Our design engineers assess what you need, create the ideal solution, and add value where possible.
Packaging improvementsWe can advise and find fixes for third party packaging that isn’t up to the job. Unfortunately, this is more common than it should be - but it’s given us plenty of experience in making the best use of what you have.
Clip strippingSuitable packaging and clip strip assembly is perfect for displaying your products in a variety of retail environments, conveniently and cost-effectively - making them instantly more visible in store.
SleevingWe use digital printing to create sleeves that look amazing and help to protect your products in transit. They provide a premium finish to your product and make it stand out in the crowd.
Dangerous GoodsSome products have specific packaging and packing requirements, including strength, being leak-proof, thickness of cardboard, correct UN labelling and more.
Packaging and the environment
Brands can accelerate and meet their sustainability targets through better packaging, while maximising opportunities and budgets.
Working with Granby, your packaging can be:
- Easy to assemble
- Constructed using sustainable materials with a low environmental impact
Conflicting views on impact versus pricing
Your customers care about the impact of packaging, including wastage, sustainable materials, chemical processes, and the supply chain. At the same time, they care about pricing and value for money.
We can eliminate this potential conflict by helping you successfully balance all these requirements and get as much value as possible.
Dangerous Goods packaging requirements
Granby handles the logistics for several classes of Dangerous Goods. The classes are recognised internationally and show how goods must be stored, packaged and transported.
Usually, packaging for Dangerous Goods needs to be designed and constructed to UN specification standards. It must pass practical transport related tests like the ones below, and be subject to correct labelling.
- Being dropped
- Held in a stack
- Subjected to pressure demands
- Meet the needs of the substance
- Be certified by a national competent authority
Getting it right - some examples
- Carriers have volumes and limits on what they’ll accept in shipping parcels and per parcel too. Each commodity code has to be checked and signed off, along with the MSDS sheets.
- Carriers might recommend that liquids be placed in a sealed polybag inside the shipper parcel. This helps protect other items in the carton and prevents cross-contamination.
- Shipper cartons require specific hazardous labels based on the classification type. The specification of the shipper carton might also need to be a specific thickness of Kraft.
- International shipping requires additional documentation for customs clearance. Particular instructions apply to the packaging, labels and stickers for the shipper carton, as well as the pro-forma invoice and system.
Packaging design expertise
As a pro-active contract packing partner, our in-house packaging designers work with you to create packaging solutions that assemble quickly, look fabulous and protect your products in transit.
Our holistic approach saves time and money. It puts a stop to packaging waste, damaged products, missed deadlines, and costly returns. We really recommend taking advantage of it!