Best practice that also helps our clients and suppliers reach their sustainability targets.
Granby’s environmental policy
All businesses are responsible for achieving good environmental practice and operating in a sustainable manner. This doesn’t mean it has to hold your brand back – on the contrary, your customers care about emissions, waste and recycling too.
Granby is committed to reducing our environmental impact and continually improving our environmental performance. This commitment is an integral and fundamental part of our business strategy and operating methods.
Specifically, we will:
- Comply with all relevant environmental laws and regulations and any other applicable requirements that are required of us through membership of any bodies or organisations.
- Inform all employees of their responsibilities in following good environmental practice and the contributions they can make to achieve continual improvements in environmental performance.
- Set clear environmental objectives and targets which are relevant to the nature, scale and environmental impact of our activities.
- Identify performance targets by which progress towards these environmental objectives can be measured and reviewed.
- Report on the results of monitoring of performance targets.
- Make this environmental policy available to members of the public upon specific request.
Granby’s key environmental objectives
In addition, Granby has the following key environmental objectives:
- Reducing waste and re-using or re-cycling materials where appropriate.
- Liaising with our customers and suppliers to encourage sound environmental practice in the selection, use and disposal of all materials used in the company’s businesses.
- Promoting new ways of thinking, best environmental practice and innovations in our sector that will help clients and suppliers make informed decisions about materials and practices through our blog and other marketing channels.
- Reducing the consumption of energy through sensible energy management of our buildings and equipment.
- Preventing pollution of the air, land or water.
- Encouraging the development of good environmental practice by all the company’s employees.
Ecovadis sustainability rating
Granby achieved a score of 66/100, which means we have a Gold Sustainability Rating and are in the top 5% of companies assessed by EcoVadis. Read more about how our sustainability score was calculated and what it means for our continued improvements.