Sustainable print materials & processes
Innovation in print technology allows us to create stunning printed materials that have a less impact on the environment than traditional methods, and help clients meet their social value and CSR objectives.
Print that’s good for business and the environment
Print has made great strides into environmentally friendly papers, inks and processes. We work with print partners who employ the latest technology and practices to reduce print’s impact upon the environment, while maintaining and even improving the quality of the printed materials.
Forging lasting relationships with print partners who are aligned to our mission and values is critically important. It’s good for business and it helps all of us meet our corporate responsibilities.
How can we help you?
Plant-based inksWe offer vegetable inks, a vegetable-based high gloss laminate, and a vegetable-based Spot UV for accentuating detail. We also do a veggie COVID-19 anti-viral coating.
Personalisation & Mailing ServicesWhen you need to put a personal touch to bulk transactional or marketing communications and packaging, including promotional marketing gifts.
FSC certified stockWe can use stock certified by the Forestry Stewardship Council - 100% from forests managed according to FSC’s standards; 100% recycled; and an approved mixture of materials.
UV DryingAn LED UV drying process eliminates the use of chemicals to finish or seal, keeps edges sharper for a pristine look, and uses much less power than traditional print-drying technology.
Digital printing and PODCut ink and paper waste by printing on demand (POD), plus you can achieve a faster turnaround and personalise direct mail, gifts and certificates.
Soft proofingReview your finished item on a screen rather than in your hand, including colour profiles and paper stock effects. Great for collaborative feedback and approvals.
Quality assuredGranby and our print partners hold many accreditations, including ISO 14001 (environmental management) and BS EN ISO 9001 (quality management).
SustainabilityWe - and our print partners - keep waste as low as possible and responsibly recycle everything possible by separating it for collection by an approved disposal company.
Inks have come a long way and forward-thinking printers have been using vegetable inks for a while.
- An innovative high gloss laminate, which is also vegetable-based.
- COVID-19 anti-viral coating, which is also vegetable-based.
- Spot UV, recently vegetable-based. Clients wanting to be environmentally responsible have avoided spot UV. It’s a nice touch that brings elements out of the print.
FSC Certified stock
There will always be a need for virgin paper, as it can only be recycled a limited number of times. The bigger picture is sustainable sources of wood pulp. We offer stock certified by the Forestry Stewardship in one of three categories:
- FSC 100% – from forests managed according to FSC’s rigorous social and environmental standards
- FSC Recycled- verified as being made from 100% recycled content
- FSC Mix – mixture of materials from FSC-certified forests, recycled, and/or FSC controlled wood
Our print partners’ certification allows clients to use the relevant FSC logo on printed materials and show your commitment to sustainability.
The LED UV drying process is suitable for all printed assets, from direct mail and personalised certificates, to brochures.
- An instant drying process – no need to use chemicals to finish or seal
- Ultraviolet light (UV) keeps edges sharper for a pristine look
- Uses much less power than traditional print-drying technology
Digital printing and POD
Promotional marketing budgets have leaned towards efficiency by doing longer runs to bring down the unit cost. This often created waste, and could be problematic for cash flow and the logistics of having to store assets until they were used up.
Digital printing means:
- No need for printing plates
- No ink or paper waste
- Only print what you need
- Only print when you need it
- Quick turnarounds
- Easy personalisation
- Great for direct mail and, well, everything actually
As much as possible, Granby tries to eliminate waste. This goes for office practices as much as it does in the warehouse and production areas – we don’t print anything out that we don’t need to.
Soft proofing is the digital option to printed proofs. It’s a method of reviewing the finished item on a screen rather than in your hand, including colour profiles and paper stock effects. It has many benefits that tick many boxes for a business and their clients, like:
Granby and all print partners we work with hold various accreditations, including ISO 14001 (environmental management) and BS EN ISO 9001 (quality management).
Similarly, we all have an environmental policy and processes into place and continually review how we can make improvements, like:
- Keep waste as low as possible and working with suppliers and partners to achieve this
- Recycle everything possible by separating it for collection by an approved disposal company