Granby maintains IIP accreditation
wayned it thsi
We’re pleased to confirm we’ve met the high standards required to maintain our Investors in People (IIP) ‘We invest in people’ accreditation.
The February Review
Our ‘24 months on’ review took place in February. It was based on discussions with a small selection of Granby employees who were from a range of different roles across the business, including in contract packing, customer service and promotional marketing.
This employee feedback was supported by anonymous employee survey data, which showed top quartile results for adherence to values, management style, mutual respect, teamwork and safety among others.
“Your strategic approach to people management continues to meet the requirements of the Investors in People Standard… You care about your people, and we know you’re ambitious to do even more for them.”
IIP, 24 months on report, February 2023
Our employees shared their thoughts on the impact of IIP on the business. Employees see maintaining IIP accreditation as a real achievement, along with ISO 13485 and recent new business wins.
Victoria Pittman, Head of Client Services and Business Development, said: “We’re proud of our continued success with our ‘We invest in people’ accreditation. IIP really has supported us as we work towards being a thoroughly strong, sustainable 3PL business.”
What changes have been implemented as a result of our last IIP review?
IIP noted “significant changes”, the most influential being our transition to an employee owned business. This led to the creation of a committee structure and an annual profit share arrangement. Other actions included:
- Using monthly newsletters to raise explicit understanding of our core values throughout Granby’s workforce
- Further developing our approach to diversity and inclusion by signing up to the Disability Confident Scheme
- Continuing to focus on employee wellbeing, including the launch of our Employee Assistance Programme
- Adopting an HR system to support time and attendance management, record HR data, and which provides our employees their own HR access
“They are very open with communication – they keep us informed.”
Anonymous employee, submitted to the IIP ‘Feedback’ report, February 2023
Our Strategic Approach
The review noted some examples of our approach, including:
- We have a focus on high performance. This means we use key performance indicators. These cover key factors of performance including safety, quality, finance and the environment.
- We aligned our learning and development strategy to business imperatives like safety and customer service. Granby designed it specifically build the capability and flexibility of our workforce.
- We’re continuing to show a demonstrable commitment to talent development through the Granby Academy and by employing apprentices.
Our focus for the next 12 months
Our actions will include:
- Enhancing the skills of current and potential leaders, with a focus on equipping them with key skills like coaching, appraisal and supporting employee wellbeing
- Introducing a newsletter to keep our workforce updated on quality standards
- Training additional people in Mental Health First Aid
- Raising awareness and take-up of the Employee Assistance Programme
- Seeking Disability Confident Scheme Level 2 accreditation
The Next Assessment
Granby’s next ‘We invest in people assessment’ is in January 2024.
Victoria says “We have less than a year to accomplish quite a lot! On the other hand, we’ve been IIP accredited for a number of years and the workflow has become part of our day-to-day. In any case, as some of our employees have noted, doing IIP has provided us with a strong foundation in many areas, like our ISO accreditations and new business wins. As is Granby’s way, we embrace the challenge.”