Granby achieves 100% WCA facility score from Intertek
It’s our vision that Granby will forever continue to build upon a people-focused approach to doing business. Logistics and warehousing is, in reality, a process with people at its heart.
So, as a 3PL logistics partner to global and national brands, as well as public sector organisations in the UK, we’re pleased to announce that we’ve achieved an overall facility score of 100% in our Workplace Conditions Assessment (WCA).
For comparison, the UK’s score is 84%, our industry’s score is 82% and the global score is only 81%. No non-compliance challenges were identified by the assessment.
The WCA was conducted by Intertek, a globally-recognised Total Quality Assurance provider. WCA is an industry-agnostic risk-based solution in its Supply Chain Assurance suite of services. It helps companies manage Supply Chain Due Diligence specific to social and labour conditions, health and safety, environment, and business practices.
Assessment results of this calibre give assurance to any organisation requiring our services – from 3PL to contract packing and promotional marketing, to customer service and reverse logistics – that our business upholds the highest standards in this area.
Our Compliance Manager, Marc Dobney, said:
“The 100% score reflects the improvements we’ve made to our processes since our first assessment in 2019. This includes an improvement score to our management systems of 300% and to our health and safety procedures of 43%. It’s a very satisfying result!”
Managing Director Joanne Kimber said:
“As a supply chain leader and partner to the private and public sectors, it’s important that we’re able to demonstrate our commitment to being an ethical employer that really cares about the people in our business.
“The support and assessment by Intertek have been solid and these scores are a positive reflection of the hard work of the whole team.”
Intertek’s WCA highlights
Other highlights noted by the assessor include that we have:
- Comprehensive working hour and wages management processes and procedures in a written manual that support adherence to social compliance requirements and are being properly implemented.
- Comprehensive employee safety processes and procedures in a written manual that support adherence to social compliance requirements and are being properly implemented.
- Comprehensive emergency preparedness processes and procedures in a written manual that support adherence to social compliance requirements and are being properly implemented.
- Appropriate training for managers on how to implement our social compliance policies and procedures.
- A mechanism to identify, evaluate and control employee exposure to physically demanding work to prevent work-related injuries.
Our best practices were also noted, including that we:
- Have environmental certification including ISO 14001
- Made progress in reducing or eliminating pollution, waste, and conserving resources.
- Have audit all suppliers, subcontractors and labour providers.
- Maintain metrics and KPIs for any labour or health and safety issues.
Working with Granby
Granby holds many accreditations, including:
- ISO 27001 Data Security
- ISO 14001 Environment Management Systems
- ISO 22301 Business Continuity
- ISO 9001 Quality Management
- ISO 13485 Medical Devices
- Cyber Essentials Plus
- BRCGS Storage and Distribution
We are also an Investors in People business! If you’d like to talk to us about supporting you on a project, please get in touch.
Photo by Patrick Robert Doyle on Unsplash
05.04.22One of the biggest challenges for public sector logistics is asset tracking. However, it’s simplicity itself to put a system into place to protect capital investment. A good warehouse management system (WMS) with end-to-end tracking will also help you streamline overall or ongoing costs of a project. The great news is that it’s relatively simple […]
28.05.21Reporting is one of those activities we dread on our schedules, but which gives us a sense of satisfaction when they’re done. Unless, of course, you’re struggling to put together campaign reports that tick all the boxes. Let’s unpack how to optimise your reporting and what best practice looks like. Who wants what from a […]