Paint the town orange! – Blackburn youth zone set to launch first corporate challenge
To support young people’s mental health and wellbeing, Blackburn youth zone is launching their first corporate challenge to raise funds to appoint a targeted support worker; to help young people to overcome life’s challenges especially in a post-COVID world.
As patrons of Blackburn Youth Zone, we’re very happy with the direction they are taking with this movement and would like to show solidarity by spreading their message further.
NHS rates suggest probable mental disorders in young people increased from one in nine in 2017 to one in six in 2020. highlighted significant impacts on young people’s mental health during the pandemic.
Blackburn Youth Zone is a 21st century youth hub located at the heart of Blackburn, open to young people aged 5 to 19 years old, aiming to change the prospects offered to young people in the area.
At Blackburn Youth Zone, they want to give more young people the tools to help them deal with emotions and build resilience to overcome life’s difficulties. Paint the town is a great campaign that will allow us to raise awareness and funds to support more young people to feel happy, feel good about themselves, be able to fight and not give up.
Ways that YOU can Paint the Town Orange:
- Light up your buildings in orange/dress down days
- Shops can have an orange window display competition
- Ask your local sports team to wear an orange strip
- Orange Bake Sale
- Orange Fun Day
- Paint the Town Orange event
Want to support them directly yourself?
- Register your interest with email@example.com
- You will then be sent your free fundraising pack with ideas.
- Your company’s logo will be displayed on a graphic that will be on all social media and up at Blackburn Youth Zone.
- If you need further support with your event, please contact them.