Community & Business Partners
Jo Kimber and Victoria Pittman – Your Business Bootcamp.
We’re excited to announce Granby’s Jo Kimber (MD) and Victoria Pittman (Head of Client Services / Business Development) will be speaking and answering questions at this ‘Your Business Bootcamp‘ event.
This highly anticipated event is specifically for business owners, entrepreneurs, and startups looking to get the support and resources they need to scale up their businesses.
This event is not to be missed as it features expert panels, networking opportunities, and valuable resources to help you take your business to the next level. It’s a great way to learn from experienced professionals and connect with like-minded individuals.
About Community and Business Partners CIC
Community and Business Partners are hosting the event and are an ethical, award-winning, not-for-profit organization. They have over 30 years of experience in business mentoring, coaching, and consultancy, delivering a suite of high-impact, innovative, and authentic products and services to businesses, communities, the environment, and education.
Becoming an employee owned business
In 2022, in its 7th decade, Granby became an employee owned business. In doing so, we’ve secured its position as a trusted 3PL fulfilment partner, as well as our vision of a business that adds measurable value on many levels, including commercial profitability and Social Value. Read more here: https://bit.ly/426WXJr
Some characteristics of employee owned businesses
- Highly engaged employees who go the extra mile – more entrepreneurial, committed to the company and its success – and our clients and theirs.
- Discerning hiring standards lead to better recruitment and retention of talent and experience.
- A strong commitment to corporate social responsibility (CSR) and involvement with the communities they operate in.
- Innovative culture fostered by managers consulting staff and sharing information about the company, and giving staff responsibility.
- Granby has joined the ranks of employee owned brands that are household names like Richer Sounds, John Lewis Partnership, Lush Cosmetics, Aardman Animations and PwC.
Jo and Victoria would love to meet you at the event, so don’t miss out on this fantastic opportunity to learn, network, and grow.
Complete brand fulfilment for the public sector
As a partner, Granby brings all the benefits of commercial sector fulfilment into the public sector. Through efficiency and precision, we make sure we hit your KPIs, with an added-value level of service that makes the best use of your budget.
- Full access to mission-critical information
- A robust risk management infrastructure
- Skilled resources on standby
- The benefits of our investment in technology
- The benefits of our experience and industry involvement
- A robust supply network that facilitates successful end-to-end fulfilment
Award-winning Fulfilment specialists
Additional integrated services include print management, packaging consultancy, digital development and customer service.
Warehousing & Distribution
We understand the important role warehousing and distribution plays in the supply chain.
Our flexible & scalable warehousing solutions are supported by an intelligent bespoke Warehouse Management System (WMS), which reports on all movements and transactions. Generating consignment packing instructions, optimum consignment weight, best despatch methods, and tracking stock to ensure accurate stock management and traceability.
- Palletised Storage
- Mixed Use Racked Warehousing & Floor Standing
- Secure Caged Area
- Quality Control Checking
- Physical Stock Counts
- 24/7 Real-Time Online Stock Reporting Analysis
- On-Site Security & CCTV Surveillance
- Dangerous Goods Classification
- Order Fulfilment
- Secure Picking Process
- Domestic and International Shipping
- Known Consignor Status
- Secure and Sustainable
ONS Case Study
Census 2021 overview
The ONS is the UK’s largest independent producer of official statistics and recognised national statistical institute. It carries out the Census survey every 10 years. The Census is the largest statistical exercise the ONS undertakes – and 2021 was the biggest ever.
It looks on paper like an impossibly complex task. Yet, it was successfully planned and carried out by Granby and the ONS. The ONS started to publish Census insights in June 2022.
- 97% completed on time, in full (94% target)
- 52,000,000 items into Granby
- 2,800+ pallets of stock held in warehouse
- 22,000,000 items collated into kits
- 85,000 items despatched
- 21,000 delivery stops
- 269,725 delivery miles
- Sustainable – zero items sent to landfill
Meeting the requirements of the Social Value Framework in public sector procurement.
Adding value to the work we do is part of our philosophy. We take great pride in being able to use our experience, creativity and technology to help clients achieve the results they need. A concept like Social Value, which aims to make public sector expenditure go further and do more, fits the way we work.
The support of the formalised framework is welcome, as our engagement with it is an ongoing workflow across all the themes, which will continually reveal opportunities to improve our offering.
- COVID-19 recovery
- Tackling economic inequality
- Fighting climate change
- Equal opportunities
- Information Security
To an SME, a public sector organisation can leave a lasting legacy, far greater than a successful project. It ensures environmental, economic and social aspects are considered in the decision making process.
EcoVadis sustainability rating
Granby achieved a score of 66/100, which means we have a Gold Sustainability Rating and are in the top 5% of companies assessed by EcoVadis.
A Trusted Partner
With more than 70 years experience
As an SME, we have demonstrated our flexibility, scalability and our tried and trusted processes, working with medium-sized and large public sector partners across the board.
Organisations we have particular experience with include:
- Local authority departments
- Central government departments
- Schools, colleges and universities
- Social enterprises
- Not-for-profit organisations
Maintaining our professional credentials and social responsibility is important to Granby and our clients. It assures you that you are doing business with a reputable, ethical and quality partner.
Our commitment to best practice & professional standards is something we are extremely proud of. We continuously invest in our certifications to ensure our corporate governance and general business practices are aligned with our clients and their brand values.